Saturday, July 21, 2007

Beating the Birthday Blues

It's exactly 10 days before my 29th birthday and I'm not looking forward to it. It's not because I'm turning 29, mind you. Contray to my recent post ("Getting Old"), age doesn't really bother me that much, since I know I basically still look the same (Can you believe I still get asked at the airport to indicate who my guardian is? Apparently, I still look like a minor to Westerners. :P)

Based from experience, I always get slightly depressed and a lot apprehensive as my birthday approaches. Being the control freak that I am, it really drives me crazy not knowing what I'll do yet on that day. Being the shy dudette that I am (seriously), I also don't want to impose and demand that my friends give up their day and spend it with me. That leaves me with no option except to plan out the day for myself. And that is why the situation is a bit depressing.

Maybe it's because it's three in the morning and I'm still working on my team's resource allocation plans. Maybe it's because I'm just so freaking tired from working at the office for exactly 14 days without any rest in between. Maybe it's because I'm not even sure that there's a someone special out there who is excited enough to want to spend this day with me...

But then again, I figured it's time to stop this vicious cycle. I'm through with being depressed on my birthday. I've decided to beat the birthday blues... or at least die trying to.


I love lists (this is so not obvious). I wanted to come up with a list of brilliant suggestions on how to beat the birthday blues, but I honestly can't think of any.

Suggestions, anyone?

4 comments:

~currant7 said...

Below are some ideas to beat the birthday blues..
1) take your birthday leave
2) sleep in
3) pamper yourself with a massage
4) have a wonderful lunch with your mom
5) go shopping with mom
6) have a nice dinner and drinks with some close friends - kuwentuhan to the max!

Advance Happy Birthday, Hai!

Hailyn said...

Cher: Thanks :)

Heustein said...

spend the birthday with your brother bum... special enough? hehe

Hailyn said...

Sahia: 1) You're not a bum anymore. 2) Spending my bday or any day with you is special. Just as long as it's your treat. Bwahahaha :)