Sunday, August 5, 2007

Birthday Blast

Last week, I hinted (not too subtly I might add) that I was having a major dose of birthday blues. Surprisingly, contrary to my fears, I had the best-est birthday blast this year.

The thing is, I can't decide which gift I like best...

... this gorgeous white-gold heart-shaped pendant necklace accompanied by a tear-jerking message
... full body massage and foot reflexology at the spa (where I promptly fell asleep and woke up feeling like noodles)
... one hour of fun-filled salsa lessons
... interesting books to read (Purpose-Driven Life, All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten, It Was On Fire When I Lay It Down)
... super comfy boxer shorts from Marks & Spencers
... heavenly bath products from Body Shop and Marks & Spencers
... a surprise birthday lunch in office
... yummy dessert and crepes at Cafe Briton while chatting with family and friends
... greetings/emails/phone calls from relatives and friends from all over

But then again I thought, "Wait, why do I have to choose?" I should just accept the gifts as is and appreciate each for their own uniqueness.

Thanks to everyone who made my 29th birthday a real blast! :)

4 comments:

~currant7 said...

wonderful to hear that you had a blast. :) yes, just appreciate the here and now! embrace the day!

before i forget - pls visit my blog since i just tagged on Top 7 things. http://currant7.blogspot.com

Hailyn said...

Cher: Thanks :) Wow - sounds like you had a fun-filled weekened too! Hope to see you soon.

Celestine Trinidad said...

Hi Hai! We don't have classes today so I wandered over to your blog again. ^^;

I didn't know it was your birthday recently...when was it exactly? August 5? Anyway, (super) belated happy birthday, and I'm glad to hear that it was a really happy birthday for you. Hope this next year would be a truly happy and memorable one for you!

Hailyn said...

Celestine: Hi! Long time no talk! Thanks for the wish. My birthday was actually on Aug 1st. Promise, I will write to you within the week! It's been a bit crazy the past 2 months like you wouldn't believe it.