Sunday, April 1, 2007

Monthly Pledge - April 2007

I’ve noticed that some blogger authors start each month with different things – some talk about birthdays of the people they know for the month or update their disclaimer policies. Others just treat it as any other normal day. After thinking about it, I’ve decided to start my first blog of each month with a specific theme, but simple enough such that it is sustainable.

I will record down 3 straightforward pledges each month – something that will improve all that truly matter to me – my family and friends, myself, my career and skills development, etc. I will not attempt anything supernatural or unrealistic. Anybody catching me not meeting any of them – feel free to kick my shins or give me a scathing message.

1. Communicate with my close friends at least once a week (whether email or phone). NOTE: Short texts do not count.
2. Create at least 2 blogs each week. Hopefully I'll be so hooked that it will translate to more.
3. Spend at least 30 minutes using the treadmill at least 2x a week. NOTE: Speed should not be for babies and old ladies.


I just hope I don’t end up eating my hat if I find myself not following everything to the T. Hehe

2 comments:

Chard said...

Great start :)

I have added a link to your site on my blog, so I can take a visit every once in a while and check out whats going on in your life.

I've been doing the same and so far enjoying writing stuff for over a quarter now, so if you're seeing this as therapeutic, I think this is a really good outlet :)

Hailyn said...

Chard: Thanks! I'm looking forward to visiting your blog at least once a week. BTW, I think your one-month leave did you a lot of good. You look tanned and refreshed now. But good to have you back. :)