Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Ouch!

I never knew that the probability of getting hit by a ball in your own garden is apparently very high.

I was just sitting in the garden, minding my own business and reading a new book. I hear two high-pitched voices shouting, "Watch out!!!" Since my mind was on the book that I was reading (don't ask me which scene in the romance novel I was actually reading that time :P), I reacted too late. A few milliseconds after the warning, I felt something hard hit my face, specifically exactly on my left eye.

The world literally turned black for a few seconds and I just couldn't help but bend over, moaning in pain. I saw stars -- or at least some fragments of bright lights bursting sporadically in my world of darkness... Now I know why cartoons always have stars above the head whenever somebody gets punched in the face.

I wish I could say a few feminine tears rolled down from the corner of my eyes, but I have to confess that I bawled my eyes out and cried for my mommy. It really hurt. Seriously.

...

For that matter, why are softballs called such anyway, when they're obviously not soft? I should send a formal complaint to ... err... to whoever came up with that term... whoever he may be or has been.

Luckily or unluckily, depending on how you view it, I didn't get any permanent scars. Lucky because I don't have to show up at work with a black eye. I might scare my two new hires even before their first month is over. Unlucky because I have nothing to prove that this actually occurred. I can't even use it to make my neighbors who threw the ball feel more guilty than they already do. Just kidding, I'm too nice to do that to kids. Adults maybe, but not kids.

No comments: